Make a Difference
Whether you’re newly licensed or a seasoned lab professional, there’s a place for you in one of our many lab settings. We empower our team to grow with us, with full support from management and opportunities for career advancement.
Medical Laboratory Technician
The qualified individual in this role will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the process laboratory, including preparing and maintaining reagents and equipment, ordering and organizing supplies, and supporting research and development activities as needed. Processing of samples will include DNA isolation of various sample types, running PCR for COVID-19 testing. Organization and attention to detail is important along with a hardworking attitude and the ability to function within a team. We are looking for someone excited to join an incredible team.
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
- Prepares blood, plasma, and platelets for transfusions by conducting blood group, type, and compatibility tests.
- Ensures operation of analyzers, spectrophotometers, colorimeters, flame photometers, and other laboratory equipment by calibrating; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves laboratory resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to SOPs
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
- Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures
- Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary
- Assist with processing of specimens when needed
- Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
- Bachelor’s degree in Molecular or Microbiology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or a related science
- 5+ years’ experience as a Medical Technologist
- ASCP-MLT License in California
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory information systems are a plus
- High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
- Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business/hospital needs
Additional information about this position:
- Full-Time Employee with benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Hourly Wage is negotiable
- Must be able to commute to Gardena, CA
Pay: $40.00 – $50.00 per hour
Hiring Lab Technicians
We're actively recruiting lab technicians who are focused on excellence and positively impacting patient care.